Monday, October 20, 2008

On the road - again!

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been a little while since I last posted. Things have been a little hectic to say the least. Mostly with work, but I've also just hit the road again. In fact, I'm currently in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I've just spent the weekend hanging with two of my dear travel writing friends, Becca and Aaron, attending their wedding as a bridesmaid. The weekend has been fabulous – in my opinion Santa Fe has to be one the US's most unique and interesting towns – though I'm really looking forward to taking off tomorrow for a 10 day cross-country road trip across Southwest USA. Oddly enough, after all my taking up of joys of travelling solo, I'm actually being accompanied on this trip by my parents (they were also invited to the wedding). Since I haven't travelled anywhere with them since I was eight years old, we could be in for one heck of a wild ride - I'm crossing my fingers that my mother and I don't end up driving each other off the edge of the Grand Canyon Thelma-and-Louise-style!

Wish me luck!!

No comments: