Thursday, February 12, 2009

Interview for Women on the Road

Over this last year I've been privileged to have interviewed some amazing and inspiring women including seven times world surfing champion Layne Beachley and Australia's favourite jungle girls Bindi and Terri Irwin. Recently though, the tables were turned and I became the subject of a similar interview for Women on the Road. Edited by Leyla Giray, Women on the Road is a fantastic website aimed at women who love to travel. Along with practical information on planning, safety and money, the website features interviews with inspirational women travellers who share their experiences and philosophies on travel. Other interviewees have included Hilary Bradt, the co-founder and chairperson of Bradt Travel Guides, Beth Whitman, publisher of Wanderlust and Lipstick (another great website for wild, wandering women), and Fawzia Rasheed, who is the author of Rough Guides' new book, Travel with babies and young children, so I'm certainly in good company. You can read my full interview here.
Picture: That's me standing on John Ford's Point in Monument Valley, Arizona.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Lara Dunston said...

I love this shot - it's like a postcard!

Lara Dunston said...

Hello again Kim!

As someone who is an expert on Offbeat travel, I thought these couple of posts of mine might interest you.

http://cooltravelguide.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-does-it-mean-to-be-offbeat-in-age.html

http://cooltravelguide.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-reflections-on-offbeat-travel-when.html

I'd love to get your thoughts. I've also linked to your site and book. Cheerio.

Kim Wildman said...

Hi Lara. Yes this picture is amazing - I really looooved Monument Valley. I'll stop by your blog shortly to check out your posts on "Offbeat Travel". Cheers!