Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting my kicks, on Route 66


Without a doubt, the most famous highway in the US – if not the world – is Route 66. No other stretch of asphalt has been eulogised so frequently and fervently by movies, songs, books and television shows. In fact, Route 66 has been mentioned in so many songs it has earned the nicknamed the 'Rock 'n Roll Highway'. Almost 4000km long, America's 'Mother Road' starts in Chicago in Illinois crossing the country through Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona before ending at the beaches of Santa Monica in Los Angeles, California. Fortunately, part of my epic roadtrip across the US took in part of this legendary road. So I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took along the way.

2 comments:

Gunnar and Sherry said...

Nice slide show! If you've ever seen the movie "Cars" they did a great job of capturing the Route 66experience.

Kim Wildman said...

Thank you. But really the thanks is to you, as I found the tool for creating the slidehow on your blog: http://eccentricroadside.blogspot.com/. I've been looking for one for ages, so was really happy when I stumbled across it.