Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tales from the road: My latest travel articles in print and online

I know many of you think that my recent round-world adventure was all fun and games, but it spite of how it may have seemed my trip was definitely all about work. (Okay, with a little game viewing on the side). Not only was I helping author Philip Briggs update the new edition of the Bradt travel guide to Tanzania, I also researched and wrote a number of travel articles that were published while I was on the road.

Oddly enough, even though I was travelling around Tanzania and Kenya, I had several articles published on other destinations, most notably on Australia for Ninemsn Travel. I even managed to crack a couple of new markets with a blog style travel article on going in search of Count Dracula in Romania's Transylvania published in Australian Women's Health as well as a new destination guide on Queenstown, New Zealand, for Fastcheck AB. But, my biggest coup, of course, was scoring an interview with Terri and Bindi Irwin.

Meanwhile for MSN Travel NZ I wrote two pieces on my travels in Kenya - An elephant tale and the Get out of Africa at the Giraffe Manor - as well as a series of travel advice articles including How to travel for free, The dos and don’ts of haggling, How to waste time in an airport and How to save money on holiday costs.

Yet no matter how often I am published, I must admit that I still get a thrill out of seeing my words in print whether it is online or in glossy magazine or book. I suppose that is why I continue to be Wild About Travel + Writing!

No comments: